Auto and vehicle insurance protects your financial interests if an accident occurs. Florida drivers are required to carry an auto policy to drive legally. In the Delray Beach area, trust the personalized service and affordable prices offered by Absolute Insurance of Palm Beach County Inc.
Vehicle Insurance Coverage Options
We offer the coverage you need to drive legally in Florida. The state requires drivers to carry at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) and $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL). Depending on your driving history, you also need bodily injury liability insurance coverage (BLI). This coverage protects you if you hurt someone as a result of an accident you cause. Other optional policies include collision, comprehensive, and uninsured motorist.
In addition to car insurance, we have policies for all types of vehicles. Insure your boat, RV, motorcycle, yacht, travel trailer, ATV, golf cart, personal watercraft, and FR44 and SR22 autos. In Florida, every vehicle with four or more wheels must be insured.
Why Do I Need Insurance for My Vehicle?
If you’re in an accident, your insurance policy will cover medical care for your injuries and property damages, as well as those of the other vehicles involved if you are deemed at fault for the accident. This prevents an expensive lawsuit in which your personal assets could be at risk. Auto insurance also covers medical care for your passengers if they are injured in an accident in your vehicle.
Drivers who lease or finance a vehicle may be required to carry comprehensive and/or collision insurance as a condition of the lease or loan agreement. These policies will also provide funds to replace your car if it is damaged in an accident or in inclement weather such as hail or a hurricane.
What’s Typically Covered With Vehicle Insurance
Each type of auto insurance policy has separate coverage.
- PIP policies cover the cost of any injuries you suffer in an accident regardless of who was at fault. It will also pay for associated costs such as lost wages and funeral expenses.
- BLI coverage provides coverage if you hurt someone and it’s your fault in an auto accident.
- PD coverage provides coverage for other vehicles or objects you damage while driving your car or truck.
- Collision insurance pays for damages that occur when your car collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance pays for damages that were caused by fire, theft, vandalism, or any type of weather condition.
- Uninsured motorist coverage pays for medical payments and loss of income for the driver and passengers of your car or truck.
Choose the Right Policy
With so many options, choosing the right auto insurance policy can be confusing. Our team can help, with extensive industry knowledge and affordable rates that can save you up to 30 percent over your current premium cost. Once we determine the right coverage for your needs, we’ll get quotes from several different insurance companies to find the best possible policy. Give us a call today at (561) 243-0700 to request your free quote and get answers to your questions. We serve clients throughout the Delray Beach area, including Boca Raton, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Wellington, and anywhere else throughout the entire State of Florida.