Absolute Insurance of Palm Beach County Inc. offers homeowners insurance coverage and property insurance coverage options to residents throughout Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Wellington and throughout Florida.
What Is Property Insurance?
Property insurance allows you to obtain financial assistance and reimbursements when you experience unexpected property loss or damage. These policies can cover any type of structure you own or dwell in, including your home or business. This can include everything from single-family homes and townhomes to condos and apartment units.
Homeowners Insurance Coverage Options
There are several types of home insurance coverage options that you can choose from, depending on the type of structure you need coverage for. They include:
- Homeowners Insurance: Homeowners insurance provides you with coverage and financial protection in the event of a fire, storm, theft, vandalism, or water damage.
- Condo Insurance: Condo insurance helps to cover everything not covered by your association. This may include furniture and belongings, loss of use, flooring, cabinets, countertops, and even kitchen fixtures.
- Renters Insurance: Renters insurance provides coverage for apartments, as well as any other type of rental property. Your policy should cover your possessions inside the apartment in the case of a fire, theft, storms, and natural disasters.
- Dwelling Insurance: If you decide to become a landlord and rent out your property, dwelling insurance covers the structure of your property and your personal contents.
- Flood Insurance: Because the entire state of Florida is in a flood zone, flood insurance is absolutely necessary. We offer policies through several carriers who have been authorized by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Personal Umbrella Liability: Umbrella insurance provides added layers of protection, particularly in the instance that a lawsuit is filed against you.
Do I Really Need Home Insurance?
Because you never know when an unfortunate incident or disaster may occur, you should consider having some form of coverage at all times. This is especially true if you own your home, as this is one of the largest financial investments you will ever make. Without coverage, you would be putting yourself at risk of incurring insurmountable financial difficulties, as you would likely have to take out an additional loan. If so, you would essentially be making two mortgage payments.
Finding the Right Policy
In order to find the right insurance policy, you first need to make sure you shop around and don’t just settle on the first insurer or policy you see. Instead, we can help you compare quotes from dozens of carriers, as well as detailing what is included in each policy, including possible limits and perks.
It’s also important that you compare deductibles. Most companies will offer more than one deductible option. Therefore, you should narrow your search to the options that best suit your budget. A higher deductible results in cheaper monthly payments, while a lower deductible usually results in higher monthly payments.