An SR22 is certified proof of liability insurance by an insurance company licensed in the State of Florida. Florida requires bodily injury, personal injury protection and property damage liability insurance for all drivers. If you fail to keep this insurance in the State of Florida the Department of Highway Safety may suspend your license, vehicle tags and registration. If this happens you will be required to carry an SR22 for 3 yeasr.
Basically the SR22 is a financial certification, or endorsement added to your auto insurance policy.
SR-22 filings are typically related to serious traffic violations. Generally, you will be required to file an SR-22 for the following reasons:
- You are convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI).
- You are caught driving without car insurance.
- You are involved in a car accident.
- Your driver’s license has been suspended or revoked.
- You have an excessive amount of violation points on your driving record.
Since an SR22 driver is considered high risk, our agents will help you in providing information and rates for you while doing the best we can to keep your premiums low.
If you are having trouble getting your driver license reinstated and you need and SR22 call the friendly people at Absolute Insurance and we will guide you through the process of getting back on the road. It’s not as bad as you think.